The days are getting cooler, Christmas feels like a distant memory and Mother’s Day is almost upon us once again. As the second Sunday of May looms large on the calendar, we are reminded to take time out of our lives and say a much-deserved thank you to our hard-working mums and mum-figures.
On the second Sunday of May – this year, Sunday May 14 – mums around the country will be waking to well-meaning brekkies in bed, homemade crafts and flowers aplenty. And of course, the highly anticipated pièce de resistance: the Mother’s Day card.
A Mother’s Day card to a mum is like a birthday cake to a child – the expectations are high, but the rewards are certainly worth the effort. A great Mother’s Day card will be deeply cherished – pen the right sentiment and you can expect to find that card kept in mint condition for years to come.
Of course Mother’s Day isn’t only about celebrating our mums, but also the step-mums, mothers-in-law, grandmas, wives, aunties, mentors and other special women in our lives. No matter the relationship, selecting the right Mother’s Day flowers and finding the right words doesn’t have to be.
Struggling for Mother’s Day card ideas to accompany your bouquet of farm-fresh traditional Mother’s Day flowers? Don’t stress, we have you covered.
Mother’s Day card ideas for your Mother’s Day flowers!
If you’ve gotten your Mother’s Day flowers sorted, and maybe even a gift, then all that is left to do is compose the card. Easier said than done. The trick is to keep it simple and convey how much you love your mum.
But if you’re in need of Mother’s Day card ideas, keep reading for some sentimental and humorous suggestions.
Take a read over the following list of prompts to get your creativity flowing before writing your Mother’s Day card. Don’t forget to tell her you love her and include a ‘Happy Mother’s Day!’
- What are three words that come to mind when you think of your mum?
- What’s a special memory you have of your mum from when you were a child?
- What’s a more recent memory you have of your mum?
- What’s a piece of advice or life lesson your mum taught you?
- What do you love most about your mum?
- What are some things your mum has done for you that you’re particularly grateful for?
- How does your mum inspire you?
Messages to include in your Mother’s Day card
Still stuck for the right words to say? Choose from the following list of classic Mother’s Day messages to tell your mum just how much you love and appreciate her. These Mother’s Day card ideas will be a huge help if you’re stuck for words.
- Wishing you a Mother’s Day that is just as special as you!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best role model we could have asked for.
- Mum, you light up my life – so here are some flowers to brighten your day.
- I adore you and am so proud to call you Mum.
- Thanks for everything you have done for us, we appreciate it.
- I wish I could be there to give you a hug today – but hopefully these flowers will show you just how much I love you.
- Thank you for always knowing what I needed, even when I didn’t.
- You are as beautiful and unique as every flower in this bouquet.
Does your mum appreciate a splash of humour? Make her laugh on her special day with these Mother’s Day card ideas.
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favourite child.
- Thank you for raising me – I love how much you love a challenge!
- I wish I could repay you for all you have done for me – but I’m not that rich… Here are some flowers instead.
- Wishing you a relaxing Mother’s Day – after raising us, we know you deserve it.
Forgot your Mother’s Day flowers?
Oops! Did you forget to order your Mother’s Day flowers? No need to worry, The Flower Farm has you covered with 100% Aussie-grown blooms, which have flourished right here on our farm in the Redlands Valley. We have curated a beautiful collection of seasonal flowers this Mother’s Day, from chrysanthemums, tulips and dahlias to roses, snapdragons and proteas.